My husband I just got back from a two-day stay at the Quiet Creek Inn. We found this spot through a Living Social deal. We’re so glad we gave it a try! Here’s why:
1) Free continental breakfast one morning (delicious muffins, yogurt, apples, banana, orange juice); Wolfgang Puck coffee and coffee maker in the room.
2) A barn! The barn is a hangout area for guests complete with piano, chess/cheker table, books, and VHS/DVD movies to borrow and play in your own room. The barn also has a stash of packets to make hot cocoa. A fridge is also in the barn stocked with water and sodas for a nominal donation (honors system here!).
3) Attentive staff. We met Jim who gave us tons of great information on the restaurants in town and provided us with maps and guides so we could easily navigate. Each cabin comes with a bottle of wine, but when we mentioned we don’t drink, a bottle of Martinelli’s apple cider appeared on our door step. How sweet is that!
4) The location is definitely quiet–perfect for getting away from the city. It’s fun to explore the creek, take a seat in one of many chairs, benches, or hammocks that are on the property and watch the squirrels and rabbits.
5) Cozy cabins! Each night we had a fire log delivered to our cabin. It was perfect to cuddle up with the fireplace going.
1) WiFi is a bit spotty on the property, but works great in the barn. Cell phone coverage is spotty as well.
2) The heaters in each unit definitely provide warmth, but can be a tad noisy as they crackle and pop.
Overall this was a great experience for us and we would definitely recommend it!
–Lori A. Irvine, Ca.